Pages

Wednesday, December 19, 2012

How to display file extension in document library for SharePoint 2010 site



We have 'Type' column in document library which will display respective document ICON in a view, but there is no direct OOTB way to display file extension in any of the SharePoint column.
e.g. I have uploaded 'abc' word document and I want to display 'abc.doc' in one of the SharePoint column.

Though I have found below articles which talks about how to display file extension in SharePoint 2007 site by using SharePoint Designer 2007 and converting list view to XLST data view web part, but as of now I haven't find any good articles which point me to right direction for SharePoint 2010 site.

Reference links for how to display file extension for SharePoint 2007 site:


I have played around with display form in SharePoint Designer 2010 and somehow I am able to display file extension in document library, now if someone asks me to perform same steps into other site then again I have to look more deeply for exact steps J

At last, we need to make changes in list display form with below XSL tag which will display file extension in document library.

<xsl:value-of select="$thisNode/@FileLeafRef.Name" />.<xsl:value-of select="$thisNode/@File_x0020_Type" />

Hope above information will help!

1 comment: