Pages

Thursday, November 20, 2008

Value does not fall within the expected range error while check-in of document

I was getting error while check-in of document from document library into SharePoint interface. Actually I have created Meta data fields and attached to document, I was able to check-in document from office application like word, but if I check-out and check-in same document from document library interface then I was getting error "Value does not fall within the expected range".

I tried looked into event log, but didn't find any good information then I found below error from SharePoint Logs.

Error into log file:

Application error when access /_layouts/Checkin.aspx, Error=Value does not fall within the expected range.   at
Microsoft.SharePoint.SPFieldCollection.GetFieldByInternalName(String strName, Boolean bThrowException)     at
Microsoft.SharePoint.SPFieldCollection.GetFieldByInternalName(String strName)     at Microsoft.SharePoint.SPListItem.get_MissingRequiredFields()     at
Microsoft.SharePoint.ApplicationPages.Checkin.OnLoad(EventArgs e)     at System.Web.UI.Control.LoadRecursive()     at
System.Web.UI.Page.ProcessRequestMain(Boolean includeStagesBeforeAsyncPoint, Boolean includeStagesAfterAsyncPoint) 

Solution:

By looking at the error, I thought that issue was only because of meta fields column name and as we know internal name and display name is different for each column, I also found on the internet regarding same error saying that its because of  misspell name attribute into schema.xml file.

Then by looking and comparing each field I have found out that, by mistaken I added one extra equal(=) to end of my field name, by correcting my column name, my problem gets resolved and was able to successfully check-in document from SharePoint interface also.

No comments:

Post a Comment