Pages

Monday, October 20, 2008

SSRS 2005 deployment to FBA enabled MOSS site

I was having problem to deployed SSRS 2005 Report Model from visual studio to SharePoint Integrated mode with Forms Authentication enabled on MOSS site. It gives an error message "A connection could not be made to report server "http"//<sharepointservername>/"

Though, I was successfully able to deploy SSRS 2005 Report Model from visual studio to SharePoint Integrated mode with Windows Authentication enabled on MOSS site.

I installed SharePoint 2007 server, SQL server 2005 Developer Edition with sp2 and also applied hotfixes from Microsoft for reports to work with Forms Authentication.

I also worked with Microsoft Support team and I tried to find the resolution, at the last I came to one common point that its design limitation of SharePoint and sql server, so Microsoft support team told me that because of security reason, it has been designed that way only.

Few people already notice this bug and some of them get the temporary patch/fix from Microsoft but its not permanent solution, Microsoft is saying that this problem will resolved with SQL Server SP3.

Reference link :

http://www.sharepointblogs.com/nrdev/archive/2007/06/21/ssrs-in-sharepoint-2007-site-using-forms-based-authentication-sharepoint-integrated-mode.aspx

No comments:

Post a Comment